Friday, November 17, 2006

...and we're baaaaaack!

Well, it certainly has been a while.
Life has been quite hectic since my last post. Let's see - where to begin?

WARNING! WARNING! looooooong post ahead....

.....I've moved, gone through quarter-end at work, been under-staffed at work, saw
The Beautiful South, celebrated My Man's 40th birthday etc., etc.

Moving is fun.... NOT! Even this move - which was the easiest move of my life (trust me on this one- I have moved A LOT) was still not a pleasurable experience.

Our neighbours across the hall moved out at the end of September, and we had an opportunity to check the apartment out. It turns out it has a great layout, is on the quiet side of the building (contrary to where we were) and, despite the fact that it's a 1 bedroom apartment (we were in a 3 bedroom), it's only 300 sq feet smaller (not to mention significantly less expensive too)! Bonus points all around! So we "decided to go for it" (insert
Stewie Griffin soundbite). We had been planning on movin in the new year - but this was perfect - and right accross the hall!

That was on October 5th or 6th. We planned on moving the 24th of October, which of course doesn't leave much time for packing and purging.

Meanwhile, life at work was insane. One of my co-workers has been off work (due to a car accident) since August. She's going to be OK, but has an injured back. The end of the 3rd quarter is our busiest time of the year, and this year is no exception. HOLY CRAP! I can't remember in the 5+ years that I've been here, it being so f-ing crazy. Quarter-end reporting, client meetings, audit requests, blah blah blah...

So between working extra long days at the office, and trying to get things organized/packed at home, it didn't leave time for much else. Somehow I managed to get the day off for moving - WooHoo!

Mark's friend Jim was kind enough to come over & help move the big stuff, my Brother Kevin was also a big help with hanging curtains, pots, light fixtures etc., and the rest was up to us - or should I say - up to Mark. With the arthritis as bad as it is in my elbows these days, I'm pretty much useless when it comes to lifting anything heavier than a few pounds. My Man toiled all day... things were somewhat easier with the help of a rented dolly, but boy did he work his cute little butt off! We managed to get the bedroom, kitchen & bathroom functional that night & said enough is enough. Mark rented us a movie - "The Breakup", and brought home a pizza. The perfect way to relax after a long hard day. Isn't he the bomb?


So back to work the next day, back to the salt mine.... long days - workin really late, comin home exhausted, but managing to get a box or two unpacked... the weekend couldn't come soon enough!

The next Wednesday we went to see The Beautiful South at
the Phoenix with Mark's best friend Zoran, his wife Noreen, and their friend Marjorie. That was fabulous! We (less Mark cause he had to work & was meeting us later) went to my favourite sushi place for dinner before the show, and as always, had a fabulous meal. Mark met up with us after & we went to the show. They were great! I didn't really know their music, some of it was familiar, but they were really great!

The following Saturday was my Man's 40th birthday. I managed to arrange for his best friends to join us for dinner at
LeBifteque. It was supposed to be a surprise, but Mark was having none of that stating "I don't like surprises". So he managed to drag it out of me... the big jerk! It's OK - all's well that ends well right? I got up & made him a big birthday breakfast, and he went off to the spa for some relaxing. I spent the rest of the afternoon unpacking some more, and getting the place a little more presentable for guests, since the plan was for everyone to come back to our place after dinner. My brother & his partner Stephen joined us as well, and we all had a wonderful time. I think Mark had a pretty good Birthday.

Since then I've still been working like a dog at the office, and trying to get things at home more settled. But....I can finally relax..... I finally finished quarter-end reporting, the client meetings are mostly done, and things at home are really coming together.

So I apologize to all of my Friends and Family I've been neglecting as of late, but I think you can see why, and hopefully, will forgive me.

I do have some pictures to add - but they'll have to wait until later. Blogger is not co-operating today...


Oh yeah - HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

Till next time.....


"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
Dr. Seuss

No comments: