Thursday, November 23, 2006

meet HOUDINI (aka Miss. Freckles)


So Mark & I got some child-proof clips for our kitchen cabinets. Not to keep out the children (because we don't have any other than the Muppets), but too keep the dogs (namely Freckles) out of the garbage during the day while we were at work. I was tired of coming home to garbage strewn across the kitchen floor, into the dining room and on into the living room. Never mind the risk to the little Muppets if they get into things like chicken bones, or spoiled food. So we bought and installed these child- proof thingys. As he was installing them, Mark said "If she still gets into the garbage, I won't be mad... I'll be impressed." I concurred.

So the other day I get home from the market, laden with groceries, looking forward to making dinner for Mark. I unlocked my door, took two steps in, and...


O-M-G!

HOUDINI strikes again!
I couldn't believe it.


So she managed somehow to get one of the cabinets open, and accessed the trash that way. It still couldn't have been easy after that - the bottom of the sink interferes with the lid of the garbage can, so I can't imagine what it took for Freckles to be able to get her snout, paw - I have no idea - into it to retrieve the wonderful goodies that waited inside!


That is one determined, tenacious little dog.

She might be 16.... but she's still full of beans!

She never ceases to amaze me.....


A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of.
Ogden Nash (1902 - 1971)

2 comments:

shyknitter said...

OMG, is she 16? Goodness, she is fiesty for her age.

Shauna Dawn said...

She certainly is! You should see how she still pulls on her leash to go to the park!